Thursday, 12 June 2014

Baking // Mum's coconut and chocolate cake

Mum's coconut and chocolate cake recipe
With the nights getting longer and stress levels rising up, I have been feeling that I need to do more of the little things that make me happy and what makes me more happy than baking (alright ice-cream makes me equally happy but this time baking won the debate).
Mum's coconut and chocolate cake recipe
My sister and I love the mouth-watering combination of chocolate&coconut, something that our mum figured at an early stage of our childhood years and invented this delicious coconut and chocolate cake!
Mum's coconut and chocolate cake recipe
Last Thursday, and given that I had an important meeting to attend the next morning, I thought baking might be a good idea to calm me down, plus I could bring the cake in the meeting the following day (and we all know that bringing a cake along a meeting equals happy meeting)
Mum's coconut and chocolate cake recipe
Mum's chocolate and coconut cake is really easy to do and the most important thing is that you do not need a baking mixer, you can mix all ingredient with a wooden spoon and you are done-happy times. Now onto the important stuff, the secret recipe!
easy baking recipes
For this recipe you will need (serves 10-12 people):
4 eggs
250 gr sugar 
2 tbsp chocolate powder
250 gr self raising flour
250 gr unsalted butter
150 gr dessicated coconut (and some additional for decoration) 
150 gr bitter chocolate
2 tbsp milk
chocolate and eggs
Mum's coconut and chocolate cake recipe
Mum's coconut and chocolate cake recipe
Start by pre-heating your oven at 180°C. 
Grease a 9 inches (almost 23 cm) baking tray with butter and line the base with baking paper.
Put the butter in a bowl and place in the microwave for 1-2 minutes until it is melted (be careful you want it to be soft melted and not to turn into oil).
Mum's coconut and chocolate cake recipe
Break the eggs in a separate bowl and then add the sugar and mix with a fork until the sugar is melted.
Pour the egg mixture into a large bowl, add the coconut, the chocolate powder, the flour and the warm butter and mix with a wooden spoon until it is united.
Mum's coconut and chocolate cake recipe
Pour the mixture into the baking tray, place into oven and bake for 45 minutes. The cake will be ready when it has a golden colour. Insert carefully a skewer in the middle of the cake and check if it comes out clean. If not leave it for another 5 minutes.
Mum's coconut and chocolate cake recipe
When the cake is ready, get it out of the oven, carefully remove the baking paper and let it cool a aside while you prepare the glazing.
Mum's coconut and chocolate cake recipe
Mum's coconut and chocolate cake recipe
For the glazing break the bitter chocolate into pieces and place in the microwave into a bowl. 
Mum's coconut and chocolate cake recipe
melted chocolate
Let it melt for 3 minutes, then add the milk and stir with a fork until it gets smooth.
Mum's coconut and chocolate cake recipe
Pour the chocolate over the top of the cake and sprinkle with some coconut.
Mum's coconut and chocolate cake recipe
coconut and chocolate cake recipe
easy chocolate cake recipe
Enjoy (and thank my mum later).
chocolate and coconut cake recipe
Mum's coconut and chocolate cake recipe
Love,
Anastasia  

11 comments:

  1. This looks so delicious, I love coconut cake but I've never thought of putting chocolate on top. Nooom!

    Tara xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks delicious!!

    x
    www.thecherryfactor.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm μου έχει ανοίξει η όρεξη!!! Λατρεύω το coconut!!!Ευχαριστούμε πολύ για τη συνταγή!! Καλή συνέχεια!! Πολλά φιλούθκια :)))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, this looks so delicious! I love coconut and chocolate together - and I hope my boss will love me if I make this for my next meeting!

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Charlene :)
      Mine (along with the rest of the team) loved it, so I reckon it works like magic ;)

      Delete
  5. Look so selicious, thanks for this so good ilustrated post, will try it this weekend!
    I like your blog dear and will be happy if we follow each other?
    Just let me know in my blog and I follow back
    Have a nice weekend :)

    http://www.alisagromova.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. omgg this looks so delicious! I have to try to make this :)

    SHE WALKS Blog
    My Store - Infinite Universe

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks yummy! Thanks for the lovely comment on my blog- I'm following you now :) xx
    http://stylepreserve.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. yumm! It looks so delicious! I wanna try this recipe! <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. looks yummy ! I want to taste :P

    ReplyDelete

Make my day and leave a comment.
Thank you
♥Anastasia♥ (Twitter: @Natbeesfashion)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...